Peruvian Ceviche

10:46:00 Unknown 0 Comments


I had heard of ceviche a lot before I tried it for the first time. The idea of not cooking the fish the traditional way just seemed a bit off-putting. Then, this spring break I was convinced to order some whilst in Miami. It was honestly on the best dishes I had whilst I was there. I am not a massive fish person, but ceviche is not overwhelmingly fishy. I would even encourage non-fish lovers to try it! The finished produced is like a super fresh salsa almost. I hope you try this recipe as it is super easy!

Ingredients

600g of firm skinless white fish (tilapia, haddock, etc.)
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp of salt
black pepper
2-3 tablespoons of fresh coriander
4 limes
half a red onion
1 chilli (deseeded, habanero or whatever suits your heat preference)

Side suggestions: corn tortilla chips, fresh corn, avocado, tomatoes, sweet potato


Preparation

  1. Using a paper towel to remove any excess fluid from the fish. Using a sharp knife, cube the fish. 
  2. Put the fish in a medium sized dish or bowl. 
  3. Mince the garlic and chilli and add to the fish. 
  4. Finely chop the red onion and roughly chop the coriander. Add to the fish. 
  5. Juice all four limes and cover the fish and seasoning. 
  6. Sprinkle with the salt and black pepper. 
  7. Marinade the fish in fridge for 2-3 hours. I marinaded mine for 2 hours, which was perfect for the size of my fish pieces. If you are unsure, cut a large piece in half at the 2 hour mark to check. 
  8. During this time the acidity of the lime will cook the fish. 
  9. Dish up the fish into a nice glass or bowl. Add as much of the marinade into the glass as you like. 
  10. Serve with any or all of the side suggestions listed above. 
  11. Enjoy! 
Serves 3-4. Approximate prep time 10 minutes. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments: